Sunday, June 14, 2009

Renaissance

Photobucket

Yesterday was opening weekend at the Colorado Renaissance Festival. I used to go every summer. I even own garb. Since having Tristan, I've only gone once.

Well, we got a coupon for buy one, get one adult admission. That saves us $17.95! Plus, children under 5 are free. It was only good for opening weekend, though. So, we decided to go. Now, I really wanted us to go in costumes, but I had make something for the kids if that was going to happen. With no time and no money for the right kinds of materials meant no garb for the kids. So, I decided it wasn't fair for us to wear our costumes and the children none.

With or without costumes, the Renaissance Festival is always fun. At Colorado's Renaissance Festival, in the town of Larkspur, the walk can be quite a workout. It is filled with all sorts of hills. The last time we were there, Tristan's stroller broke. We had to carry him in the sling the rest of the time. Last year, before Melayna was born, we bought a wagon. It wasn't just any old wagon we bought. It was a Radio Flyer. No, it was the Cadillac of Radio Flyers.


Photobucket

Equipped with a canopy to block those harmful sun rays, multiple seating arrangement possibilities (two seats facing same direction, two seats facing each other, one seat with a table top, or flat bottom/no seats, storage space for stuff, and all terrain wheels, we were unstoppable. Well, maybe not unstoppable, but better equipped to handle the festival's terrain and two children.

What I love about the festival is the variety of things to see, do, eat, and try. What I love now is that my children can enjoy these things, especially Tristan.

There were so many things to see and enjoy.

At one shoppe, they had some birds of prey. Tristan loved looking at these guys and talking to them.

A beautiful owl:
Photobucket

A magnificent eagle:
Photobucket

These guys were talking with German accents saying all sorts of ridiculous stuff to people passing by. They saw that I was going to take their picture when they started to make funny poses for me. Unfortunately, I didn't get many because I didn't realize my timer was on. Here are a couple of good ones. I love the pretzels on their backs!
Photobucket

Photobucket


While I would still prefer Johnny Depp, this guy played the part well. Of course, he had to have his rum handy.
Photobucket

Photobucket

This lady was dressed up as a fairy, playing a wooden recorder of some sort. She would stop and give the children "magic stones" and sprinkle fairy dust on them.

Photobucket

We needed a nice break from walking around, so we spread out a blanket by the jousting arena. We relaxed a bit. Took turns heading out to check out a few things so we didn't have to pull the wagon around too much. Then we watched the jousting show.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


I've got more pictures, but have to get back to taking care of the kiddos and getting the house cleaned up. I'll post more later - especially ones of the kids.

0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP