Sunday, December 6, 2009

Enjoying the bed

I'm testing out a new blog writing software that is compatible with Mac.  I'm really missing LiveWriter, but it is only compatible with Windows.  There is some awesome looking software for Mac for blog writing purposes but they cost upwards of about $40.  I found this add-on for FireFox that works write off of my browser called ScribeFire.  I'm mainly looking for ample writing space, instead of Blogger's tiny little window that takes less than a quarter of your screen, and image manipulation, making pictures larger and such without degrading picture quality.  I know I probably won't get the cool border looking stuff that LiveWriter has without paying for software.

So far, this add-on is promising.  I can adjust the screen to take up all of my browser window or less depending on if I need to browse at the same time. 

Now for the pictures.   Here are pictures of the children enjoying the loft bed.









Well, the picture insertion is somewhat of a pain.  Blogger allows you to upload up to five images at a time.  This add-on only uploads one at a time (and you have to wait for it to fully upload).  Editing of pictures is limited to resizing it and alignment (left, center, right) and text wrap. 


Some cool features:
Post splitter (see line just above)
Add YouTube video
Custom HTML and HTML editing (if you're good at that stuff)
Editing previous entries
Post preview (seeing your entry on your actual blog before posting it)
Adding Technorati tags, TrackBack URLS, Timestamp modification
Editing multiple blogs
Ability to save your post even though this is a browser based application

The flipside:
While the in browser editing is cool, if you're a tab user the editing software will be on every tab.  This reduces your browsing space if you like to keep the editor large. 
The picture editing is very limited and super slow
Limited font styles available (Live Writer pretty much had whatever fonts you had in Word and fonts you installed on your PC I believe)

If you have a Mac and you are looking for free blog writing software, this one may work.  It is only an add-on so it isn't a complete program that you have to install.  You'll need Firefox and you'll need to search for ScribeFire on the add-ons page. 

I'll be testing out another Mac compatible software with another posting as well.


0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP