Friday, September 11, 2009

Vroom!

Over a month ago, Scott was in a motorcycle accident.  Fortunately, he was wearing his jacket, gloves, and helmet.  Fortunately, he was going under 20mph making a turn when he hit the sand. 


Unfortunately, his bike was a loss.  The insurance company paid us for the bike and we used the money for a down payment on a mini-van.  A new motorcycle wasn’t to enter the equation until tax time next year.  We figured since winter was right around the corner that we’d just get a second vehicle instead of a motorcycle that wouldn’t get ridden.

 

We were going to wait to get him a bike.  That is, until my dad told him that he’d loan him the money.  I’m not a big fan of borrowing money, especially from loved ones.  But this was a transaction between Scott and my father.  Additionally, I didn’t really have a problem with this because it is one thing they have in common.  My dad bought a motorcycle earlier this summer and has been loving the thrill of riding.  It is something Scott and my father share, so I really couldn’t argue. 

 

Besides, a new bike means photo opportunities, right? 

 

IMG_3418 

_MG_3438 _MG_3444 _MG_3445 _MG_3456 _MG_3466

_MG_3468

   Isn’t he just handsome?  I can’t believe that he’s not a baby anymore. _MG_3452

I don’t know where this picture came from.  I must have been laughing pretty good about something.  _MG_3448

Side view of the bike.  Very big and very pretty looking.IMG_3407

Doesn’t he look happy?  He, of course, got a bigger, louder motorcycle.  His grin just doesn’t go away when he talks about his new bike.

0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP