Friday, August 14, 2009

Watermelons & squirt guns

The economy is hurting.  Businesses are cutting back on unnecessary expenses.  So, what did that mean for my work?  No company picnic at Elitch Gardens this summer.  So, what do we do instead?  On a much smaller scale and much smaller budget have a department picnic (we have less than thirty people in our department).  Honestly, this is what a company picnic is supposed to be.  Camaraderie, good food, fun activities, and just a nice afternoon hanging out with those you work with.  Yeah, the amusement park is nice, but it is such an easy way for people to simply avoid each other with the exception of lunch in the pavilion.   Granted, it can be a little weird to see your boss in the water park when you’re used to a much different kind of dress code at work. 


I really appreciate the hard work a few of the ladies in our department put into this picnic.  All the planning, organizing, purchasing, and setting up.  They did a fantastic job. 

 

I would have liked to have done more to help, but having two children, especially a clingy baby, made things rather difficult.  I did make the best of my time though….

 

 

This little lady sure loves watermelon. 

Of course, Tristan got in on the watermelon action, too.

 

_MG_2815    _MG_2812 _MG_2814

 

Besides watermelon, there were water balloons, squirt guns, tetherball, corn hole, volleyball, tug-of-war, horseshoes, Frisbee golf,  and a piñata.

 

Oh, and food.  Lots of food.  Yummy food.

0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP