Monday, August 31, 2009

Look at that girl

IMG_2890

Melayna will be eleven months old tomorrow.   Eleven months.  Just one more and she’ll be a year old.  Has it been that long already?  This year seems a blur.  In fact, each passing year seems to be a blur.  Even Tristan is growing up right before my eyes. 

 

At eleven months, Melayna can already walk.  She’s been walking for a few weeks now, but progress is slow.  Currently, she averages six steps before plopping on the floor.  Her personal best (at least that I’ve seen) is about ten steps (which increases just about every day).  She uses her index finger to point at things.  She tries to use objects for what they are intended for.  Notable ones would be the phone (she holds it up to her head and babbles), spoon (she tries to dip it in the bowl to get food), and straws and cups (she can sip through saws and she’s been able to drink from a cup for quite a long time already).  She dances whenever she hears music (dancing usually means swaying and bouncing to her).  She can wave by opening and closing her hand (not the side to side motion yet).

 

IMG_2939

This little lady, though, can be quite the spit fire.  She’s got quite the scream when things don’t go her way.  She knows how to get on her daddy’s and brother’s buttons.  If she wants something, she usually first tries to grab it, but if that fails, then she screams….loud….very loud.  She grabs and pinches, sometimes on purpose.  She throws and smacks.  She has tantrums.  Basically, my little girl has quite the attitude already.  She is not mellow like her brother.  She isn’t content with just sitting still and playing.  She definitely is teaching me what it truly means to be patient.

IMG_2927Despite my little sassafras being the way she is, I wouldn’t ask for her to be any other way.  She is still an adorable, intelligent little girl.  She is all I could as for in a daughter.  I’m quite excited to see how she grows up.  What direction her disposition and attitude take her in life.  She could mellow out eventually.  But only time will tell.  Until then, I’ll enjoy this last month of infanthood.  This last month of her first year.     

0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP