Thursday, June 4, 2009

10 Years

Ever heard of them? If you're part of the rock scene, then your answer will most likely be a resounding yes. Otherwise, check them out here: http://www.myspace.com/10years. I also added two of their songs to the top of my playlist (Wasteland and Beautiful).


Anyway, why am I writing about this?


Well, last Saturday I took the car in for an oil change (I ended up getting my 15,000 mile service done, too). I took it to the dealership where we bought our car. I've pretty much done that since we bought it brand new two years ago. Well, me and the girlie were waiting for a bit when she got fidgety. So, I decided to walk around the show room floor (on a different level than the shop). It was nice and quiet because it wasn't open yet. In fact, the only light was coming in from outside. Every time I've been to the dealership, they usually have a sign up box for giveaways from a local rock station (94.3 KILO). In fact, during one oil change visit, they happened to be there and I procured some KILO shwag and free pizza. I listen to them all the time in the car. Anyway, I thought I'd enter my name for whatever drawing they had, but I didn't give it a second thought. (Can you tell where this is going?).

So, here we are, just less than a week later, I was going about my normal evening routine. I just put the kids to bed, when I saw I had a voicemail. I checked it out and my jaw began to drop as I began to hear Sid Black from KILO on my voicemail. He said they pulled my name from McCloskey Motors entry box and that I won a pair of tickets to go see (you guessed it) 10 Years!

No flippin' way! I freaked. I called the number back promptly afraid I lost my chance. He had just called less than three minutes ago. I got through. I never get through when calling to radio stations (not that I do it often). Well, I can't say never. Once, I won tickets to see The Lion King on IMAX.

Anyway, I just about freaked out. I couldn't believe it. I really couldn't believe it.

Now, I know that 10 Years isn't the biggest name out there, but they have some great songs and I've been listening to a few others and so far they're great! And how am I going to pass up this rare opportunity to go out with Scott, sans children, and go to a concert.

I'm so excited, I can't wait. I won't be able to concentrate at work tomorrow!

I'll have a report this weekend.

0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP