Monday, May 4, 2009

Would you believe me if I told you...

that this shot has not been post-processed? that it is SOOC? that I used my point and shoot?



Don't believe me? I don't know how I can prove that all this is true, but I can tell you how I did it. Do you ever play around with the built in flash on your camera? I hate how harsh and bright images come out when I use the flash. Unfortunately, it is all I have in an indoor setting with low light. I'm not skilled enough to get good pictures without a flash indoors yet. I don't have the equipment to bounce the flash off the ceiling instead of my subject's face. I recently read about how to make your own light box for really cheap. Part of the light box was just using tissue paper (the kind you put in gift boxes) to diffuse the flash (or light source). Hmmm, what if I tried that on my camera's flash? What if I put some tissue over the flash to reduce the light? So I played around. Then I got this weird effect in the picture above. I wanted to reproduce the effect. I found out that if I took the tissue (I used toilet paper since I didn't have any gift wrap tissue) and held it just above the lens on my camera a inch or so away from the flash, it produced the effect above. I don't know why, but it did. I don't know if it is just my camera and if it is a fluke, but I thought it was pretty darn cool.

0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP