Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mother's Day Tribute

Let me tell you about a mother.

My mother.

This will be the third Mother's Day without her.

The first Mother's Day missed with her granddaughter.

My mother, just like everyone else in the world, was not perfect. But she was my mother. And I miss her.

A little over three years ago, she passed away. My son was only about two months old. My baby sister was just a few weeks old.

I cherish the moments I had with her - the good and the bad ones. I cherish the fact that I got to spend almost twenty-three years of my life with her.

I am sadden by the fact that my sister only got to spend the first three weeks of her life with my mother. I am sadden that my sister won't get to have moments just as I had. I could picture her doing all these things with her (hoping to do them better with her than with my brother and I - even though I believe she did the best job she could). She would be braiding her hair. Putting her in countless number of dresses and taking as many pictures as she could. She would be singing and dancing with her. My sister would be missing out on some of the important moments that mother and daughter share.

I am also sadden by the fact that my children are without their "Lola". They won't ever hear her infectious laughter. They won't ever get to listen to her sweet lullabies. They won't ever get to be smothered by her hugs and kisses.

I am happy that she got to enjoy being a grandmother, even for just a short amount of time. I am happy that she got to at least see my sister before passing away. I am happy to have had her for my mom.


Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful mothers out there!

My mother with Tristan (he was under a month old in this picture)
Me and my baby sister - she was about seven to eight months old here.My baby sister at her third birthday

0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP