Sunday, April 5, 2009

You Capture: Week 6

Photobucket

This week's theme is spring. Here in Colorado, we had very spring-like weather until spring officially began. Since spring started we have had a blizzard and several days of gloomy, snowy weather. Despite the cold temperatures and white fluffy stuff, nature still drudges on. I live in an apartment in the city. There is a small creek that runs through the apartment complex, but it is surrounded by a small clearing with some trees, then major roadways and apartment buildings. Just yesterday, while it was snowing, we happened to have a few visitors come by. Our visitors were a pair of mallard ducks, a male and a female, probably taking refuge from the cold wind and snow. They were just feet away from our door. What is amazing is that we believe (by we, my neighbor and I) that these are the same two ducks that come to the creek on the apartment grounds in years past. It is almost like clockwork. Spring arrives and so do they.

Of course, they may have not only been looking for refuge but a free meal, too. We have fed them bread in the past, so what makes this year any different. Tristan was all too happy to tear bread up and throw it their way. Not only that, he kept declaring, "I'm not scared"

So, without hesitation, I grabbed my camera to take a few shots. These haven't been altered except for cropping.







Head on over to http://www.ishouldbefoldinglaundry.com/ to see other spring related entries and details on how you can join in. ^_^

0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP