Monday, April 13, 2009

Ski Trip

We had the opportunity this weekend to go skiing. So, early Saturday morning (after dropping Melayna off with my dad) we took a road trip to the slopes. Our friend, Samantha, came with us - which turned out to be a really good thing since I had no clue how to ski. I've gone snowboarding once, but that was over four years ago.

The mountains were pretty, the air was crisp, cold and pure, the slopes busy from closing weekend. Scott and I had our issues with the slopes. Enough so that we were pretty sore and tired from falling. I did get the hang of things eventually, but I had to stop because I believe I bruised my tailbone. Anyway, I think it was much more exciting once we got Tristan into some skis. It was so cool to see Tristan take to something new without hesitation and fear. He was eager to try it out and love almost every moment of it. He looked so grown up to me.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of Tristan enjoying the snow and skiing.

Snow angel!

Eager to hit the slopes.
Maintaining his balance.
Pure joy.
A good teacher and guide. Sam was awesome with Tristan. She took him down a pretty long (but not steep) slope. She was great with how she talked to him which I think helped him feel better and more confident. Her assistance definitely helped enhance Tristan's experience.

Despite getting bruised all over and being really sore, I had a fun time. It was really nice driving through the country side up into the mountains. Passing through a few of the smaller towns really made me think about where I'd really like to raise my children. Besides, if we lived in one of those towns, then our drive would only be less than thirty minutes instead of over two hours!

0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP