Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What's Your Play - no. 39


So, I'm just finding all sorts of photography related sites and blogs. I'm loving it. This one, "What's Your Play?" is all about post processing photos. It is kind of like Fix-it Fridays at iheartfaces. But these pictures can be of anything.

This week's photo is a pair of wedding rings, seen here.

This is my modification...

I honestly didn't do much to it.

Program: Paint Shop Pro 8

Things I did:

  • Straighten tool - tilted picture a bit and made the background line/horizon straight or parallel to horizontal plane
  • Cropped picture to put the rings off center, closer to bottom third of picture
  • Unsharpen mask - sharpened the image a bit
  • Screen on duplicate layer - adjusted percentage
  • Hard Light on a second duplicate layer - adjusted percentage
That's about it. Not much, though the picture didn't need a whole lot.

2 comments:

laura-dolcepics March 31, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

Hi Mary! Thanks so much for joining in. I like your interpretation and work on the photo making it portrait orientation and placing the rings on the bottom right corner. I like the height of the image! Hope you'll play again!

Football and Fried Rice March 31, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

I am going to have to go & check it out :) Looks like a lot of fun!!

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP