Friday, March 27, 2009

Post processing attempt

I really, really wanted to do a vignette, but there aren't many tutorials out there for Paint Shop Pro (I really need PhotoShop).

Anyway, this is what I came up with of my friend and his daughter:I did quite a bit of playing around to see if I could make this out of focus picture (see this post) much better. So, I thought a sepia-like tone would add to the focus of his expression and softening the picture added to the feeling. I really wanted to do a vignette, but it is beyond me...for now. So, i just added a frame. Oh, did you notice that I took out the guy in the background? Check out the post link above to see the original.

After posting this, I took another look at the photo and realized that it just looked a bit dark. So here's a lightened version without the frame:



Please let me know your thoughts, input, etc. Thanks! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous March 28, 2009 at 7:56 PM  

You have real talent! What program do you use and where did you get it? All I have is Picasa and it doesn't do much. Your babies are cute too! have you seen Tiffany Hall recently? Tell her I said hi next time you do?

Donna March 30, 2009 at 9:28 PM  

I use paintshop pro and recently searched google for tips for doing a vignette. You can do it but you have to do it by creating a 2nd layer. Then you create an oval shape with a feathered edge then INVERT it (to select the non oval part) then delete that part. You can then fill the part you deleted with any color (black for vignette). It was easier than it sounds but they really need to make it automatic. I love PSP and they're always improving it so maybe someday soon we'll have a vignette option!

:)

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP