Monday, February 23, 2009

I♥Faces: Week 7

Are you getting tired of my posts yet? I know, I've been a bad blogger lately with only photo entries to I♥Faces and Fix-it Fridays. But I'm enjoying this and its my only way to blog right now. Anyway, if you're into photography I♥Faces is a great way to check out techniques, show off your own talent, and find others who enjoy the art of photography as well. I'm like most parents with a database of photos, but it has just been recently that I've taken it seriously. Armed with better tools (camera, photo editing software, etc), photography has reached a new level for me.

Well, enough rambling. This week's theme is B&W. Okay, so you can take any photo and convert it to black and white, right? Well, I think there are some photos that are screaming to be black and white and others that abhor it. Maybe it's just me, but I think there are just some pictures that shouldn't be converted. Well, Tristan is my model yet again. When am I just going to find that perfect picture of my sweet baby girl that fits the theme just right? And, when am I going to find a picture that I've taken with my new camera? All of my entries thus far have been with an old Canon Powershot - even my entries below.




Well, here they are:Kids Entry: Tristan - Thanksgiving 2006

Adult Entry: Scott with Tristan - Relay for Life, Summer 2006


For my kid's entry, I chose a shot with Tristan in this wonderful little hat. It is so classic looking that it complemented the black and white conversion. For my adult entry, I know it has Tristan in it (I hardly have any adult photos without the kids in them), but when I see this photo my eyes go straight to Scott's expression. I'm not sure what he's feeling in this picture, but I just love it.

Well, go on and check out those beautiful faces at www.iheartfaces.blogspot.com

13 comments:

Julie Rivera February 23, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

That little hat on your son really does give a period air to the image that matches a B&W conversion. (And I agree with your assessment...B&W is not for all pictures...sometimes you have to "try it on" to see it doesn't fit.) And my eyes went to your husband's expression, too. He seems thoughtful, which adds interest to the picture.

Melinda February 23, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

Love the "vintage" look of the first and how very special the second photo is! Great job!

Carebear February 23, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

Awww, I also like the old-fashioned feeling of the first shot, but the second is so great because of the intensity of your husband's eyes. Good choices!

Unknown February 23, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

I agree, black and white can be a tricky thing. You did a great job with it! Very nice. :)

Jaden Paige February 23, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

I LOVE that first photo... Great entries! Good luck! :)

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander February 23, 2009 at 2:05 PM  

Both are fantastic entries! I love your adult entry, so sweet of them together.

Marci's World February 23, 2009 at 2:37 PM  

Is he reaching out to grab hold of something or holding something at bay! Such a cute pic.

Unknown February 23, 2009 at 3:41 PM  

He is such a beautiful baby! How couuld you not photograph him every instant : ). I love his hat. I love the character in the picture. I think you are so right about some pictures being perfect black and white pictures and others...not so much! Love your entries!

Joannof10 February 23, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

very, very nice!

Amanda February 23, 2009 at 5:47 PM  

wonderful shots!

Football and Fried Rice February 23, 2009 at 7:18 PM  

Oh my goodness, we could never get sick of your photo posts!!! I love the B/W ones!

DawnS February 24, 2009 at 8:01 AM  

Both are really great, but I especially love your adult entry!

Adrienne Zwart February 24, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

Both photos are great, but I really like the slight angle in the adult entry. Your son is a cutie!

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP