Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I ♥ Faces: 5th Week - Silly



This week's theme is "Silly". So, what parent doesn't have pictures of their children being silly? Very few I'm sure. While I thought of going into my archives, for this week's entry I decided to have some fun with the camera.

I asked Tristan to give me all sorts of faces...mean face, silly face, happy face, etc. He even gave me a sad face. But whenever we ask him to do a silly face, this is what we get.

If you giggle and laugh at him, he laughs right back and tries to do it again. Give him the face and he breaks out in a fit of laughter.


For my adult entry, I chose this photo I took of my mother about four years ago. Seeing this photo brings back some really good memories of her. In this instance, imagine a very, very, very cold day. This was taken in a small town in Minnesota, right along a huge river or lake (it was too big for me to tell and too long ago for me to remember). The wind off the water just made things even colder. My mother, being from a warm, tropical country, never really liked the cold. This photo, I think, really captured her dislike for the cold. I makes me chuckle every time I see it.

I had some fun with Paint Shop editing this photo. Her jacket and gloves really stood out in the original against the bleak, colorless winter. I thought making it really stand out gave this picture a little bit of oomph it needed. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know if I went overboard with Paint Shop Pro. I'm still learning the program and what it has to offer.


For more silly faces, go to www.iheartfaces.blogspot.com. There's a bunch of really good ones!

2 comments:

Its Me(SARA) Behind the Camera February 11, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

Cute/Silly pictures! :)

Jackie February 11, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

I like the concept in your adult entry. And is that a little rainbow I see off her left shoulder? Nice photos

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP