Thursday, November 6, 2008

Siblings

Since Melayna is just a month old, I thought, I'd reminisce and see what Tristan looked like at one month. I took his picture every month for the first year in the same chair. So, I'll do the same for Melayna, but I'll be taking her picture with a teddy bear.

Anyway, when I compared the pictures, I was amazed by the similarities, as well as the differences. Check it out:

I am glad that Melayna isn't going bald. Tristan was born with hair, but it had diminished to almost nothing for his whole first year. Sorry that Tristan's picture isn't so clear. I had a crummy camera then (not that mine now is any better) and he was jaundiced past his first month so his complexion is still very yellow. I still have that Broncos outfit. Maybe I should get a picture of Melayna in it...oh, and I can use the same chair! Hmmm, I'll see if I can manage it sometime in the next few days. Despite Melayna appearing bigger, Tristan was much bigger than her at a month. He weighed over 10 lbs at 3 weeks, while she only weighed 8 lb 14oz at 3 weeks.


Since nursing isn't going according to plan, we've had to switch to bottle. Although, I'm still trying my best to nurse, I think it really isn't going to work out. But one of the benefits of feeding her a bottle, is that big brother can be a bit more helpful and feel more involved. I almost regret showing him how to feed her the bottle (he's not that good at it quite yet, which leads to a very frustrated baby). So, anyway, here's a picture of Tristan feeding Melayna.

And here's a collage of pictures of Melayna holding up her head. She's getting to be so much better at it - each day she holds it up just a little bit longer.
Well, it's late and I'm tired.

4 comments:

andreawilliams November 10, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

Love the picture of big brother feeding! how are you holding up with two?

Paula November 11, 2008 at 4:42 PM  

They do look a lot alike at that age. Love the pic of big brother feeding. I wish I could have Hannah help, but I don't think it would be a pretty sight :)

Mary November 11, 2008 at 11:12 PM  

Andrea - We're holding up, barely. I didn't realize how tough things would be with two kiddos. I wish I could do more with Tristan, but I get so tied up with Melayna. I'm running out of time before I have to head back to work and with the holidays approaching, time will be even shorter. :( Any advice, tips, etc is much appreciated! ;)

Paula - yeah, Hannah is still a bit young to help out, but since they are so close in age, they'll likely be closer buddies than my two.

Football and Fried Rice November 17, 2008 at 7:45 AM  

She is so precious - I can't believe she is holding her head up that good!

p.s. about handling life with 2 & feeling mommy-guilt - there is NO GLORY in self condemnation!! You are a MOM, you are doing a GREAT job - there is NO reason to feel condemnation!! Go into this season with a smile on your face!!

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP