Monday, November 3, 2008

Muffin Tin Monday

So, this is my first go at Muffin Tin Monday. It's an idea I stumbled across a while back at a blog I follow, but I never tried until recently. I did it for Tristan's lunch last week and he's actually been eating most of his lunch because of it! Normally, we struggle to get him to eat anything then he snacks all day. I liked this so much, that I did two more muffin tin meals later in the week (including last night's dinner)! (Sorry the photo is a little blurry/hazy - Tristan got a hold of the camera and got his fingers on the lens).

If you'd like to participate in Muffin Tin Monday (or learn more about it) go to Her Cup Overfloweth (I have a link in the sidebar as well).

Starting upper left, going clockwise: strawberry yogurt, beef frank sliced, clementine slices, strawberries, strips of mozzarella and cheddar cheese, and cut up bread.


Next week's challenge is family heritage/traditions which is great because I made a whole bunch of my grandmother's chicken and dumpling soup. I'm thinking I can warm some of that up and pair it with some of my mom's recipes, too (fried rice, lumpia, or something like that). When we went to my grandmother's house to grab some of her stuff (I grabbed a whole bunch of her crochet work), I got her handwritten recipes. Maybe I can try one of those out, too. If I go the heritage route (instead of recipes passed down), some of my mom's will work since they are from the Philippines. My dad's family is German (but I don't know many German recipes). Scott's family is Scottish (go figure) and German. So, we'll see what I can come up with.


Anyway, here's a pic of Melayna holding her head up. Sorry it isn't a clear shot, but I just had to take a pic of her holding her head up like that. She's getting really good at it, too.I didn't want to leave Tristan out, so here's his latest venture. He's been getting a hold of my camera and taking pictures. Mostly of his finger, but he's starting to get the hang of things. Anyway, I found a group of pictures of just him - all blurry to some degree and off center. Grandma noticed that he loves taking pictures, so she's getting him a child-proof camera for Christmas. We'll see if he likes having his own. :)

3 comments:

UtahJenny November 4, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

Looks delicious! I would gobble that up.

Football and Fried Rice November 6, 2008 at 11:09 AM  

Melayna is getting to big - I can't believe she is holding her head up!

I love the muffin tin ideas!

Paula November 6, 2008 at 11:35 PM  

I love that pic of her holding her head up. it looks like she's really trying hard, good for her!
Great idea on the muffin tin. I may have to try that with Hannah.

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP