Friday, October 3, 2008

Our little girl...

here at last!

So, I was scheduled to be induced Wednesday night. I was going to head into work on the 1st. Go home, eat dinner, and then head to the hospital. After some prep work and a night of observation, they were going to induce me Thursday morning.

Well, Melayna had other thoughts. She didn't want to be forced into this world. She wanted to come at the time she wanted and when it best suited her. She did just that.

Tuesday night I was feeling some intense contractions, but not frequent enough. I went to sleep around midnight with a feeling in my gut that something was going to happen. Sure enough, I wake up at 6:30am with a painful contraction. About six minutes later, another one. Six minutes later, another one. Each more painful than the last. So, we get up, shower, get our bags together, make all the calls we need to, wait for my dad to stop by to take Tristan home with him, and head to the hospital. It was around 8:00am when we arrived. I was already 6cm dilated. So, I'm a weakling when it comes to pain. Besides, who should have to suffer from pain in these times of modern medicine? Anyway, I asked for an epidural to assist me with the pain management. It was smooth sailing after that. In fact, once they told me to start pushing, it took one contraction (four pushes) to get her out.

Well, before I fall asleep at the computer, here's a short video of Melayna's first sponge bath. The lady talking is the nursery nurse. Melayna didn't like her first sponge bath. Although, I don't think many babies do.


3 comments:

Football and Fried Rice October 3, 2008 at 11:04 PM  

Oh Precious Melayna!! I love the nurse asking how big brother feels!! Can't wait to see more of your angel!

andreagw October 4, 2008 at 7:52 AM  

Congrats! She is breathtaking!!

Anonymous October 17, 2008 at 4:43 PM  

CONGRATS!!!

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP