Saturday, September 27, 2008

Very, very soon...

...she'll be here!

Well, I had my appointment on Friday and no real progress from the previous week. She's dropped and I'm still only 1cm along. Since my doctor doesn't want me going beyond my due, she asked us about inducing labor. We agreed to it and we're scheduled to go into the hospital in the evening of Wednesday, October 1st. I'll go through some prep work, stay at the hospital overnight, and I'll be induced in the morning. So, if all goes accordingly (and baby girl doesn't come sooner), then she'll be born on October 2nd.

I'm pretty excited. Our wait is almost over. We'll get to hold her and see her beautiful face. We'll count her precious fingers and toes. I'll get to smell that new baby smell.

To finalize our preparations, I've finished packing my suitcase, Scott packed his bag (a small travel bag with just one change of clothes and essential toiletries - toothbrush and deodorant), and I packed Tristan's suitcase for his stay at Grandpa's house. Today, we did a major grocery run and shopped for about 2 - 3 weeks worth of food (you don't want to know the grocery bill). We bought a few extra necessities (a few bottles, just in case nursing doesn't work out, a changing pad for the changing table, and a comb & brush - I can be hopeful that she'll have lots of hair). After all sorts of running around today, we came home and cleaned up a bit. Kate, my mother-in-law, took care of dishes and the rest of the kitchen, Scott did the bathrooms and the kitty box, and I folded the laundry and cleaned up Tristan's room. I am completely exhausted, but still feel like there is so much more to be done. Oh well. I don't think that I can be fully prepared for a newborn - despite having had one already.

Well, Melayna Kait will be here soon and I can't wait to see her. :) My next post I'll have pictures! I promise.

4 comments:

Football and Fried Rice September 28, 2008 at 11:07 PM  

Hi Mary!!

I see you are in the Springs (and about to blessed a second time!!) Congratulations! And I have bookmarked you because I cant wait to see the face of your new daughter! I love her name! Love it! What side of town are you on? Are you delivering at the new hospital?

Blessings to you & hang in there - you sound VERY prepared!!

Sara

Mary September 29, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

Sara -

I'm not sure if you have the responses going to your email so I'll double up on a post to your site. We're on the north part of town (minutes from Chapel Hills mall) and I'll be delivering at Memorial North. I can't wait! I kind of wish she'll come before Wednesday (instead of going through inducement), but regardless, as long as she's healthy and here I'll be happy.

andreawilliams September 29, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

Hi I just stumbled onto your blog frm Saras. Good luck! I can't wait to see pictures of your new baby! Really, is there anything better??

andreawilliams September 29, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

Hi I just stumbled onto your blog frm Saras. Good luck! I can't wait to see pictures of your new baby! Really, is there anything better??

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP