Monday, September 1, 2008

This week...

My time spent planning this week's meals was very, very limited. I am feeling much worse than yesterday and got hardly any sleep. I think my initial suspicion of allergies is incorrect. My muscles are sore, my congestion has not yet let up, my nose keeps running, and my head is killing me. Signs of a cold and hopefully nothing worse.

This morning, I could barely move, but I mustered up enough energy to start a load of laundry, finish the dishes, clean up Tristan's room (for him to mess it up again - already), and do some straightening up. Afterwards, I was even more exhausted than when I woke up. Since Scott didn't have to leave until 1:00 to go to work, I asked him if I could sleep a bit and he look after Tristan. I slept for about an hour and a half. While still tired, it really helped. The main reason I didn't wait until Tristan's nap to sleep, too, is because Tristan hasn't really been napping. The last two days, he stayed in his room reading, singing, talking to himself, and probably playing quietly with toys. I couldn't count on him today, but of course, he slept for two hours today! We put him down after I got up. He came out of his room once, but after that not a peep. I took advantage of his nap to try and plan this week's menu. I, of course, got distracted at Ikea's 2009 online catalog. If I had the house (we rent an apartment) and the money, I would go nuts with their store. I absolutely love this bed for children. It is a mini bunkbed with the under side left open. I'd create a little alcove for my son to hideaway in. Maybe combined with a few other Ikea storage solutions, it can be his reading area. Put in a cushion or a bean bag, a reading lamp, some of his favorite stuff animals, and voila - it would be complete.


So, I got distracted. Anyway, here's what I have semi-planned:

Monday - Pan fried Tilapia with white rice
Tuesday - Bacon Cheeseburger Roll-up (it is a favorite of ours)
Wednesday - Mac N Cheese & Chicken - I've got an idea of how to spruce up a blah meal
Thursday - Cheeseburger and fries
Friday - Baked chicken & roasted red potatoes
Saturday - leftovers

Most of this week's meals don't require much forethought, besides defrosting the meat. Which is good. If I'm gonna be sick this week and only cook for essentially me and Tristan (Scott works nights), then I'm going to put in the least amount of effort possible (but still provide something healthy - or semi-healthy for me and my son).

Well, I'm off to make dinner. Tristan and I love eating fish and rice! Too bad I can only have it once a week. Here's a great dip for fish (it is pretty salty, but I love the combination of flavors) - soy sauce, lemon juice, and vinegar. Generally I put 1 part lemon juice, 1 part vinegar, 2 parts soy sauce. But you can change it to suit your taste. It makes a neat marinade, too.

0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP