Thursday, September 18, 2008

Almost there

I'm so tired, exhausted, and achy all over. I waddle when I walk. I struggle to bend over and pick up things from the floor. My belly hurts. I've been getting contractions (nothing too painful and not too frequent). I think my body is telling me that it is ready, in fact, overdue. In reality, I'm about two and a half weeks out from my due date. She can come anytime quite honestly, but we'll see about that. I have an appointment tomorrow. We'll see if I've progressed any. Last Friday, I wasn't even dilated yet. :(

Well, last week we had a golf tournament to run. That was completely and utterly exhausting. I had to leave at five in the morning and didn't get home until after 5:30pm. We hired a photographer to take pictures of the teams and just the tournament in general. We did a group picture and fortunately I was far enough away from the person next to me that I was able to crop myself out of it. So, here it is.
I know, I'm huge. But I'm big, beautiful, and pregnant. :P

I realized that this is one of the very few photos of me pregnant. So, here's one for the scrapbook and blog! :)

So, the day after the tournament, I came to work with my desk covered in confetti, streamers, and pink balloons. Oh, and a plastic top hat (the kind from New Year's celebrations) decorated with pink felt rattles and duckies, and the words "It's a girl" on the front. They had munchies, sandwiches, and cake in the breakroom. They also planned games and everyone pitched in to get me some gifts. Adorable outfits, a picture box, small photo frame, small photo album, burp cloths and bibs, and $125 gift certificate to Kiddie Kandids! How blessed am I to work with such great people. I can't wait to get baby girl's pictures taken. I may have big brother join her in a few pictures!

Then this past Sunday, was my baby shower. Rebecca did a wonderful job of everything. The decorations, the cake, the games, the food, everything. She's so awesome. I'm so thankful to have her as a friend. I wish we lived closer so that we could hang out. I got lots of cute clothes, a baby bouncer, and other cute baby things. And throughout this week, I've gotten a few other gifts from friends who couldn't make it to the shower. One of my friends can sew and make quilts. She made a quilt and two receiving blankets (they are perfectly sized - big - and nice and thick)! They are absolutely adorable. I love handmade gifts.

So, aside from being showered with gifts, this week has been pretty stressful. Tristan decided to climb his dresser and pull the whole thing on top of himself. Scott called me at work to tell me that Tristan had done this. My first thought, panic. I broke down and freaked out. Scott told me that he went into Tristan's room, after hearing a loud crash followed by our son's screams, to find his tv had fallen all the way across the room and the dresser on the floor, no Tristan in sight. Using one arm to lift and hold the dresser up, he used his other arm to pull Tristan out. Besides being shook up, our son only suffered minor bumps and bruises on the face, head, arms, and back. Since I had the car with the car seat (Scott drives a motorcycle back and forth to work), I took off from work. In tears the whole time, I couldn't get over what could've been. We took Tristan to the doctor's, doctor said he was fine, offered a flu shot since we were there, and made use of our copay by getting Tristan his flu shot. Then we were off to Target to find a temporary solution to Tristan's broken dresser. The good news: while we were there, we picked up a costume for me and baby girl. We're going to be matching bumblebees! I'm so excited. We tried getting something for Tristan, but he's refusing to put it on. :( Oh well.

Alright, I'm exhausted and I still need to put Bubbies down for bed. Hopefully, I'll have more to report tomorrow after my appointment.

0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP