Saturday, August 9, 2008

Scrapbook

So, after Tristan was born, I started a scrapbook. He is now 2 1/2 years old and I've only managed to finish 14 pages.

I really need to get on top of things if I want to start one for baby girl. But....I'm out of ideas.

Here is what I've done so far (these aren't in any particular order and not all pages are included):

Page 1: Birth of a Baby Boy
(the picture was taken at the hospital - we tried waking him up, but it was no use)


Being a new mother, I couldn't resist the urge to take as many pictures as possible. Every coo, smile, funny face, I wanted to capture on camera. These 12 photos were part of a larger group of 50 or so photos. He was just absolutely adorable!


Besides my own joy of having Tristan in the world, here were a bunch of cards from my shower welcoming him to this world. Two of which were hand made cards - I love the personal touch.


Baby Shower!
It was somewhat of a disaster -my friend that was putting the party together backed out less than a week out from the event - so my mom, my good friend Sharon, and I put the party together - I know it mostly goes against etiquette but my other choice was to cancel - the invites had already gone out.
Anyway, despite the setback, the shower went well. It was mostly co-workers that came. We had a ton of food, games, and prizes. Some of my favorite gifts from the shower were hand made blankets. Tristan still uses both of them to this day.


Ultrasound
Of course, I couldn't forget to include my ultrasound pictures. It is very subtle, but the border I chose for this layout is shaped like an ultrasound arch. I probably should have chosen a darker border color, or a darker background color so it is more noticeable.


A Brand New baby
Cradling Tristan in my arms, I took a few pictures of his peaceful slumber. I can't believe that he was ever that small!


I wanted to display our hospital bands somehow. Using leftover clips from the baby shower, some twine, and two brads, I fashioned a make-shift "clothes line" to hang the bands from. The little bottles and "It's a Boy" scattered throughout the page are actually confetti from the baby shower.


This layout is mostly Tristan's birth story. From first contractions to delivery. I thought it would be a nice addition to the scrapbook.



So there you have it. They aren't the best layouts, especially since this is my first real experience with a scrapbook. Now, I really need to get out my picture box, my scrapbook materials, and start up again. I only have two+ years of pictures and experiences to chronicle.

My goal is this: to get his first year done before baby girl comes. Then we can see about the rest.

To reach my goal, I'll need to dedicate a few hours each week to my scrapbook, search around for ideas, and probably spend a bit of money on printing out photos.

As I get a page done, I'll take a picture of it and post it.


To be continued...

0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP