Saturday, August 9, 2008

Pregnancy update

Well, I have good news...

No gestational diabetes!

Last week I had an appointment where I learned of the results of my test, met the other doctor in the practice, and did my regular two week check-up. Here is what I've learned so far:

  • no gestational diabetes
  • I've had a higher than normal content of protein in my urine (like you needed to know that!)
  • My weight gain has been minimal (which is really, really good)
  • I had an infection - antibiotics prescribed
  • the other doctor is really nice (I almost wished I went with him instead of my doctor)
  • I need to drink more water
  • the baby is measuring big (an ultrasound has been scheduled at my next appointment)
So, that's the update. She's growing everyday. She's kicking everyday. I feel like I'm running out of room to breath. I wake up five to ten times a night. Getting up from the floor is next to impossible. I feel bad that I can't carry my son as much. I'm tired all the time.

We haven't done any shopping for baby girl. I don't know if it is just the money or just a lack of motivation. For Tristan, we were buying stuff in my first trimester. Well, tomorrow, we're moving out the elliptical (it is going to grandma's house) and we're putting in the crib and changing table. It's a start, right?

Well, I got to go. I've been lazy today messing with the blog. I'm still not sure if I like it yet.

0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP