Friday, April 11, 2008

Out of the loop...

...for a few weeks.

Okay, I know what you're going to say. 'You made a promise'. 'Once a week, you said'. Well, I have no excuse. I only have an apology.

My birthday is coming up. A little over a week, actually. Scott has asked for $150-200 from the budget to spend on my birthday. My first thought: excessive! But when I look back to his birthday, well, not quite as much. Back in January, I threw him a World of Warcraft themed party. He went on a quest where he found his gifts through clues. He got a video game (his mother chipped in for that), I made him a t-shirt with a screen shot of his gnome mage, and I bought him this uber gamer chair (it looks almost like a race car seat but it rocks). Before this chair, he went through a few others - cheaply made, of course. I bought a custom picture cake using a screen shot of his gnome mage. Oh, and that night, we went to a Colorado College hockey game (in fact, I had to be out on the ice during one of the breaks). So, I did go all out with food, gifts, and fun.

But when I think of myself, I believe I am not as deserving or that I really don't need or want much. I have asked for only one thing: Estee Lauder's Beautiful (perfume). It was something my mom wore and I love wearing it, too. Besides that, my ideal birthday would be: sleeping in (Scott could take Tristan and let me sleep until 10!), homemade breakfast served by two of the most important men in my life: Scott and Tristan, a dinner out or in with family (includes my dad and mother-in-law and brother), and a day of just relaxation - no worries. Honestly, as far as gifts go, I really want clothes to go with my growing tummy and accommodate rapidly approaching summer temperatures. That, and a new pair of shoes - comfortable, yet somewhat stylish. If anyone reading this knows me well enough, they would know that style and being hip aren't at the top of my list. I'd rather be comfortable and look frumpy, rather than be uncomfortable and look stylish. Good thing is that there are clothes and shoes that you can be both.

I don't need or want video games. I don't want any movies. I don't desire any electronics. Wow, I really don't want anything. I've got everything I need and want at the moment. Well, most everything.

Honestly, we're tightening our budget to work off our debt. So, $150-200 is quite excessive. I don't know if I can convince him otherwise. I don't want a party. I don't want too much. I don't want what I don't need. Eh, oh well. I can't control what he does. And obviously, he wants to surprise me.

Well, until next time have an enjoyable, worth-while day (or week).

to be continued...

0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP