Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I♥Faces: Week 6



This week's theme is wonder.  I took this picture last year when we took Tristan to the zoo.  If there is one thing he loves it is animals.  This was taken in the ape exhibit building.  He saw a group of chimpanzees huddled together and there was a baby one moving about.  Tristan plopped himself down on the ledge and just watched.  Because of the camera and the lighting the pictures turned out a bit grainy, but his expression just fit the theme.  I did do some modifications to the original - I wanted to focus on his face and not that water bottle in the front (how much I wish I moved it).

If you want to participate or just see all the beautiful faces, just head on over to www.iheartfaces.blogspot.com

By the way, this is such a great creative outlet and such a blog saver for me.  I've been so busy lately that it is hard to find a few moments to sit at the computer and just put my thoughts out there.  There is so much to blog about, I hope that I'll have time soon to tell you all about it.  Recent adventures include the Denver Children's Museum, going full cloth diapers for Melayna (except when she's with the sitter - she has a thing about the poop I guess), weight-loss/get healthy reformation plan in place, and more.  One day, some day, I can blog about it.  Until then, back to my busy life  -  I have to get ready for work.

10 comments:

Rhonda February 17, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

What a beautiful wonder picture. His eyes say it all. THanks for taking the time to share!

Anonymous February 17, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

Very Cute - He does look as if he's wondering about something. Wonder what it could be???

Shell in your Pocket February 17, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

Very cute...hope he is not wondering about something to serious....sandy toe

Unknown February 17, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

What a precious expression! I love this!

Unknown February 17, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

Really great picture. I can totally see the wonder and the enchantment. I think it would be pretty easy to crop that picture and get the water bottle out of there. You would still see his GREAT face and his expression of wonder.

Keri February 17, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

I'm loving this picture! What a handsome little guy! Totally makes me wonder what he's thinking about. Perfect.

Carebear February 18, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

Great expression of wonder! My entry was a zoo picture too! It seems that animals, bugs and snow really bring out the wonder in our little ones. Don't kids just make the world a more fun place to experience!?

Rachel February 18, 2009 at 4:04 PM  

Oh my goodness... I love his happy absorption with the animals!

And by the way... I think Tristans happen to be absolutely ADORABLE (cuz we have one too!)

Great picture!

Drew February 18, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

You can just tell he's entranced by the animals. I think the water bottle is fine. It was part of the spontaneous moment! I must admit, though, that I've had photos where glasses or other things have been in the way, and I'm so bummed that I didn't notice them. Guess it gives me motivation to get really good at Photoshopping things out. :)

mommytoalot February 19, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

My goodness there are so many wonderful pictures, and some very talented photogrpahers in this weeks contest. But, this has to be one of my favourites.

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP