Saturday, December 26, 2009

December recap

My goodness, it has been busy.  I successfully passed both my classes with A's.  I wasn't so sure about Research Writing, but I got through them.  I start the next semester January 11th.  I'll be taking two classes on Monday and Tuesday nights for eight weeks before heading into the next bunch of classes. 

Well, I completely missed posting about Tristan's fourth birthday and his birthday party.  I also didn't post about putting up Christmas lights and decorations.  And of course, I didn't post about Christmas yesterday.

Ten days ago, Tristan turned four.  I really can't believe that four years has gone by since he first came into our lives.  He is quite the kiddo.  He's very smart and articulate.  However, he can be quite bossy, hard-headed, and impatient.  What young boy isn't, though?  In celebration of his fourth birthday, we had a party for him at L'il Biggs (kind of like Chuckie Cheese's but without the big mouse).  He and some friends got to play and have fun.  It almost ended in disaster though.  He got sick just an hour before the party and luckily we brought a bucket with us because he got sick in the car, too.  He was so upset and miserable.  We couldn't cancel so close to party time.  So, we gave it a shot.  If all else, we'd be there to greet guests, pay for the party and let the guests have fun while we took Tristan home.  But I guess, fun was his remedy of choice.  He must have gotten whatever was bugging him out of his system.



We had a Transformers themed party since he is obsessed with them.  Almost every gift he received was something Transformers related.



And Tristan got to play air hockey for the first time.  He was super excited.


So, overall he had an enjoyable time.  In fact, at one point during the party, he came up to me and told me, "Mommy, this is the best birthday party!" 

Tristan has definitely blossomed into a big boy.  He is, for the most part, a good big brother and such a fun, energetic child.  I can't wait to see how much he develops and grows in this next year. 




0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP