Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A new beginning

So, life has been crazy hectic lately. School, work, family and other obligations have me just absolutely busy. To make matters worse my computer crashed. But there is an interesting story that goes with that, so let me rewind a bit.

Since starting school, I've been having laptop fever. I will be doing some weekend intensive courses in the future that will be in a city a couple hours away. This means that I'll be away from home with no computer access (except on campus before and after class). Well, on Halloween, we went to the Apple store here in town. I've never owned an Apple computer before. I have always been intrigued. Sadly, we left without a Mac in hand.

Later that evening we go home to get ready for Trick-or-Treating. I go to turn on my computer and what happens? It doesn't come on. It doesn't boot up. Some root file is corrupt or missing. What? Really? Why now? At least a thousand pictures, gone. Nearly a hundred videos, gone. Paint Shop Pro projects, gone. Tax files, gone. Devastated cannot begin to describe how I feel.

There is hope. I might have a solution. But the computer itself is pretty much done for. So, what do I do in light of my situation? I buy a Mac. Not just any Mac, a Macbook Pro. Excited? Yes. Happy? Yes. I finally took the plunge and went to the other side.

So far I am liking this bad boy. I'm in bed, typing up this post. I'm hooked up via our wireless router so I can check Facebook from anywhere in the home. We went to Panera Bread today for dinner. Tristan was having some hissy fit. So, I bust out the laptop, connect to their free wireless network and start up Harold and the Purple Crayon for him on Hulu. He was quiet and happy.

So, as I attempt to retrieve my pictures and files, I will bask in my new laptop. I am super excited to figure out all it can do.


0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP