Saturday, October 10, 2009

TINaciousPhoto.com

On Melayna’s first birthday, Tristan stayed with Grandpa while Melayna got Mommy and Daddy all to herself.  We took her to see Coleen Swanson, a very talented photographer here in Colorado Springs.  I first met Coleen almost two years ago when my company hired her to do some event work.  Since then, she’s been to numerous events of ours taking pictures.  I love photography and seeing her work really inspired me to take my photography to the next level (DSLR, instead of point and shoots). 

 

I really didn’t know what to expect, but we came prepared with several outfits, including a homemade tutu, and a small cake for Melayna to dig into during the session.  We must have changed her five times during the session.  Coleen let us do what we liked and kept everything natural.  She would see Scott interact with Melayna and start taking pictures.  She valued our opinion and thoughts as well as suggest our own.  She was patient with our curious, active baby.  I was amazed at how easy the process was and how relaxing it was.  When Tristan turned one, we took him to one of the mall places (Sears, JCPenny’s, or some department store like that).  We waited and waited because they were running behind.  While Tristan was cute, he never smiled.  The pictures were too plain, too ordinary.  After our session with Coleen, we got to preview the SOOC shots and choose what we liked.  She took at least two hundred shots!  While I wish I could keep almost every one of them, we had to narrow it down.  I think we got it down to just over fifty.  Anyway, none of the shots were too plain or ordinary.  It was our little girl’s personality shot after shot.  Her cheesy grin when digging into the cake.  That trouble-maker shining through when she was doing something she really shouldn’t be doing.  Her curiosity seeking out something hidden.  And her persistence, always trying to go for what she’s after over and over again.


If you’re in Colorado Springs, or close by, and looking for a photographer that is personal and creative, I suggest meeting Coleen.  She doesn’t just do portraits of babies.  She does family sessions, senior photography, sensual photography, weddings, and more.  She’ll come to you where you want to shoot (the park, the mountains, your home, etc) or you can see her in her studio.  Either way, you’ll be impressed with what she does.  For a sample of her work, check out her site at TINaciousphoto.com

 

Here is a teaser photo she sent us after post processing work:

MelaynaO_e

1 comments:

Anonymous October 12, 2009 at 1:27 AM  

such a cute picture!

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP