Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hello Sweet Girl

One year ago today we welcomed her into this world.  We didn’t know who she was or what she would be like.  We only knew that we loved her unconditionally and that she was ours.IMG_4388

 

My intelligent, beautiful little girl.  You are everything I have ever wanted in a daughter.  That and so much much more.  I cannot believe how fast time flew.  It was just yesterday that I held you in my arms and you weren’t trying to wriggle free.  We have watched you become a toddler – from crawling to walking.  We have seen your personality develop.

 

I still can’t help myself comparing you and your brother.  How you’ve reached this milestone first or that milestone later than he.  I realize, though, that you are unique.  That you are your own person. 

 

When, and if ever, you read this, I’d like you to know a little bit about yourself:

  • You had your 12 month check-up today.  Yes, on your birthday.
  • You’re 25 lbs and 30 inches tall
  • You were immunized today….you didn’t like it
  • You love “talking” – you can clearly say “mama”, “daddy”, and “hi”
  • You’ve been walking since around 10 months
  • You have more bumps and bruises than your brother ever did at this age
  • You love to climb on and off things – hence the bumps and bruises
  • You “cuddle” and “hug” stuffed animals
  • You can growl
  • You pretend to talk on the phone
  • You dance
  • You love food….really love food.
  • You don’t want to get off the bottle quite yet
  • You’re a light sleeper
  • You’re quite ornery for your age
  • You like to point at things for mama or dada to tell you what it is
  • You love games like peek-a-boo
  • Your hair is still really, really blonde and your eyes are hazel (they look green when you wear green, blue when wearing blue, etc)

If I missed something, I’m sorry.  There is so much about you that I could go on forever.  You’re an active little girl and you love getting into everything.


Today, on your birthday, Mommy and Daddy took you to get your pictures taken by Coleen.  She’s an awesome photographer and really took some great pictures of you.  You had a blast for most of it.  We changed you into and out of outfits.  But your favorite part of all was the cake.  Dressed only in a diaper and a birthday hat, you were allowed to dig in.  And you dug right in!  You did it with style by flashing your cutest, cheesiest grin. 

 

You went almost all day without a nap and without getting too cranky.  We had you out from morning until after your check-up.  You were so tired that you fell asleep in your car seat on the way home (which rarely happens). 

 

Melayna – you are an amazing child and we are so proud and so blessed to have you in our lives.  I pray that this year is the first of many for you.  I can’t wait to see you grow into a little girl and see what kind of person you become.  We will always love you from the bottom of our hearts. 

 

Happy Birthday, my sweet little girl!

 

 

IMG_2988

0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP