Monday, March 16, 2009

I♥Faces: Week 10



An appropriate theme this week for the holiday: Green.

So, first thought was to go back into my archives and find a good picture. I didn't think I would have time to take a new one. While I had many pictures that would qualify, none fit the bill. So, what did I do, since I'm stuck at home feeling sick? Take pictures of my beautiful baby girl...in green! We did a huge switcheroo this weekend by giving Tristan the master room and us the smaller room since the kiddos will be sharing it later this year. Another thing about our new room, is it has a sliding glass door. Tristan was pretty close to figuring out the safety bar and lock. I really didn't want him having the ability to go and wander the streets. Anyway, with a sliding glass door in our room, there is way more natural light coming in. So, I dressed Melayna in green and put her atop a green blanket. Green enough?

I got so many pictures of her. Lots of bright smiles. Lots of thoughtful expressions. She started to get a bit fussy and wanted to be held. She protested a bit and then laid her head down quietly looking out the window. She was calm and in perfect thought as I took a few shots. It only last for those few shots before she protested again, but here is the result:


Oh, if you click on the picture you can get a larger version of it. Melayna's eyes right now have stayed at a gray color. When I started to take pictures with all this green I noticed tints of green in her eyes. It could just be reflections, but I thought it was pretty cool. I'd be pretty excited if her eyes end up being hazel. Her daddy's eyes are hazel, but mine are a dark brown. Tristan's eyes were dark brown by three or four months. She's already 5 1/2 months. If you'd like to see more pictures of her from today, check out this post.

See more green pictures at www.iheartfaces.blogspot.com

8 comments:

Jennifer March 16, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

Very cute :)

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub March 16, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

Sweet thing! She knew Mama needed a "melt your heart" photo. :)

-Andrea

Keri March 16, 2009 at 2:14 PM  

Awe, such a cute and precious face! Just darling.

Niecey March 16, 2009 at 2:32 PM  

this is precious

Unknown March 16, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

awww... that is just too precious :)

The Skousens March 16, 2009 at 11:34 PM  

What a sweet picture!

Anonymous March 17, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

Beautiful shot. Such a thoughtful expression for such a little girl. Just lovely!

Elozia Marie March 17, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

Ohhhh! What a sweetheart. I'm in love!

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP