Thursday, March 26, 2009

A blizzard they say...

So, we had forecasts of a snow storm to come. What I didn't expect though was white-out conditions, wind blowing sideways, and icy conditions in less than an hour of it starting. One cool thing about a blizzard and working for a company with a headquarters based out of Texas is: complete shutdown and closure at 1:30 in the afternoon. Yay! But what I didn't like about it was the over half hour commute home when it normally takes me less than ten minutes and seeing over fifteen cars slipping and sliding and pretty much stuck. Yikes!

So, home I went and I just hung out with my mother-in-law (who watches the kids on Thursdays) until Scott came home. After dinner though, I thought it a neat idea to take Tristan outside. We had enough accumulation to take him out on his sled.

Not the greatest shots but you get the idea...

See, his cheeks weren't rosy yet. He and the snow were just starting to get acquainted.

Sled...check. Ratchet strap...check. Happy kid...check.

First attempt at a snow angel (or snow man according to him)

And nothing like a busted lip to finish off our fun in the snow...he cared for a second or two. But the thought of going inside was enough to stave off the pain and chase mommy around.

Another local mom took her son out for some fun, too. Check out this adorable picture here at Chubbas 'n Boop. While you're there check out their shop. Lisa's husband does amazing work with toys made of wood. Firetrucks, horse stables, play kitchens, and baby teethers are just a few of the many things he can make. He'll even do custom work, too. And Lisa has her own site about cloth diapering. I've learned quite a bit from her and am really, really thankful for that.

0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP