Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I ♥ Faces: 2nd Week Kid's Entry

I found this really cool website called I Faces it is for people who love photography, and especially love to take pictures of people. They just started doing a weekly contest, this is week two, where people can enter their photos based on the week's theme. This week is "Anything Goes". Even though I'm not really a photographer, I do enjoy taking photos. I'd love to learn more. I figure this is a way to see what other photographers out there do, whether they just be like me (mommy with a camera just starting out) or professional.

Check out their website at: www.iheartfaces.blogspot.com



My entry is this photo I took of Tristan back in November. We had a really good snowfall that was perfect for having some fun. He just absolutely loved playing in the snow. He loved to taste, throw it, lay in it, and sled on it. I think this photo really captured his joy. It was taken with just a regular point and shoot camera (the only kind I have...for now) - Canon Powershot A620. I hope to eventually get myself a DSLR, but we'll see. My dad has an old school 35mm SLR that he said that I can take a shot at. I might have to just try it out. Get a feel for the different components and what it takes to "get the perfect shot".







2 comments:

j January 20, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

Aw, how cute is he! I like the way the snow fell on his little hood. Great shot!

angie {the arthur clan} January 21, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

Oh, the joy of playing in the snow! :) He looks like he's having a ball.

So glad you decided to join in the fun ~ it's an inspiration to see all the beautiful photos on our site. Wow!

~Angie
co-founder of I ♥ Faces

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP