Sunday, January 25, 2009

Editing photos

I've been having lots of fun with my new camera lately. I've been messing with the settings, changing modes, getting up close, and clicking away. Of course, just like any mother, my favorite subjects are my children. I could take pictures of them all day and never get bored. I'd change the lighting, move them around, change outfits, just about everything.

Well, I've also been reading up and learning about how to get the best shots (of course, this is where having a DSLR would come in handy) and how to make your shots look even better in Photoshop (well, I don't have Photoshop, but I do have Paint Shop Pro - close enough).

So, here are a few things I was able to do using various tools like Feather, Dodge, Harden, and so on. If you're looking for some photo and Photoshop tips, a good site to check out is The Pioneer Woman. Go to her Photography section for loads of tutorials and awesome pictures.


SOOC (Straight out of Camera) - I honestly thought this photo was pretty darn good. But I thought I'd try out some of the things I learned online to give the picture a little "oomph".
After a few coloration and saturation tools, using a clone tool to get rid of her little scratch (she's definitely mean to herself with those little nails) and a few blemishes, and some unsharpen mask; the result is a pinker, a bit healthier, bolder coloring. It may not be the best, but its my first shot at this PS stuff.
Another great SOOC shot. A bit blurry - she was in constant movement. But I guess the coloring was a bit dull like the first photo and needed some sharpening.
I think I may have overdone it here. What do you think? I also got rid of the distracting shadow in the background.

Well, that's my first adventure in Paint Shop. I'm sure I'll have more in the future. :)

0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP