Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas and New Years Rewind

Alright, so now that I have a few minutes to myself I can post about our holiday. (we'll see about that - the baby is going to wake up and I'm going to have to save this post for a later time)

So, I'm back to work. I went back the day before Christmas and I've been doing the 9 to 5 since (well actually my hours shift a little depending on when I go in, how long of a lunch I decide to take, and if I decide to stay late). I've been so busy that I haven't really had the opportunity to reflect back. Christmas eve the credit union closed early, which means I went home early, too. After heading home, feeding the baby, and giving Tristan something to sustain him for a bit, we headed to church for Christmas Eve service. We met up with my dad. Normally, at church, Tristan goes to the Sunday school classroom and Melayna stays home with Scott. However, since Scott was working and Sunday school was closed, we had to bring both kids to service. Fortunately, they have a separate area for parents of young children to go to. As nice as it was, Tristan still wouldn't sit still. I missed almost the entire service because I was chasing him around the foyer. I wasn't the only parent doing this, which didn't make me feel bad. I just wished I could have known what was being said at service.

Alright, so back at home, Kate comes over to drop off some gifts and hang out with the kids. Meanwhile, I get to baking and boiling eggs. I boiled about a dozen eggs

*Tristan wanted to play with the baby - so she woke her up - now back to our regularly scheduled program*

I boiled the eggs and made pumpkin pie. While everything was cooking/baking I got out everything I would need to make a huge breakfast for the family and cleaned up the kitchen and living room. The whole time I was preparing for Christmas morning, Scott was preparing also by putting together Tristan's new train table (it took him over two hours to put together).

Christmas morning we decided to sleep in. We covered the train table and put the gate up so Tristan would only have our room to go to. After waking us up, Scott heads out to the living room to get the camera ready to record his reaction. He didn't know what to think when he saw it. I'll post the video in a later post, so you can see his reaction.

So, after watching Tristan's initial reaction, I set off to baking. I started with the blueberry muffins. After that, I had everything else to make as family began to arrive. I made blueberry muffins, oven skillet fritatta, Scottish eggs, holiday french toast, and sausage. It was very, very yummy!

After breakfast, we opened our gifts. The kids got spoiled..a lot. Tristan got several puzzles, a cool viewfinder that makes animal sounds and tells you interesting facts, his train table, and tons of clothes (thanks Grandma!). Melayna got clothes, a few rattle/teething toys, a tummy-time mat, and a Winnie-the-Pooh plush. Now, I got spoiled, too. My dad got me a new camera (10.1 MP Fujifilm - not a DSLR - but this one's really nice), my mother-in-law got me a new desk chair (I've had mine since 2001!), Scott got me a Nintendo DS and two games, and I got two more games for it from friends. I didn't ask for all these things, but I'm grateful for them.

After Christmas, I've been mostly trying to get adjusted to my new schedule of working, picking up the kiddo, and so on. For New Year's, I went to sleep early and slept through the midnight celebration. Scott went to a friend's house to play board games and stayed out until 3am. Me...I slept. :)

2008 came and went by so quickly. There were some tough times, but of course we had some great times. Melayna was, of course, the highlight of my year.

By the way, if you'd like to see pictures from Christmas, I have them posted here.

0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP