Friday, December 12, 2008

More sewing fun!

Alright, so I've been at it with the sewing machine and here is my latest creation:

I don't have the elastic yet. Two places I went to didn't have elastic and I forgot to pick it up at Joann's. Maybe I'll go today since we're eating lunch with my dad. Anyway, I first saw the idea at Chubbas & Boop, a stay-at-home mom who is all sorts of crafty and artsy. She linked the pattern she found at Star Dust Shoes. While the pattern I used was basically the same, I grabbed mine from On Pins & Needles. I found it easier to follow her step-by-step instructions, especially since this week was my first time on a sewing machine since Home Economics in middle school.

I did mess up, though. I did a 1/4" instead of 1/8" when attaching the sole to the heel and top pieces. This may mean that it might fit a smaller foot (the pattern is for 6-9 month feet). It was very easy to do, though. So, if you're new to sewing or don't have much experience, like me, you can still do it. Just follow the instructions - it is all very straight forward. Although, I did have to look up a few terms, like baste.

Oh, I think I made two left feet, too. Good thing I intend to make a second set and have plenty of fabric. I just have to make a mental note to make two right feet. :P

1 comments:

Paula December 15, 2008 at 10:42 PM  

Wow, you are talented. I would love to be able to sew. Think of all the neat things you can sew for your kids!

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP