Friday, November 21, 2008

Very busy Friday

So, I really, really wanted to go see Twilight today. We planned for the 2:00pm showing. My mother-in-law was going to watch the kids.

Let's rewind to yesterday.

8:52am - My OB/GYN's office called to remind me about my 10:00am appointment for Friday morning. All is good to go - I had this on my calendar on my phone.

9:04am - My kid's pediatrician's office called to remind me about my daughter's two month well baby visit for 9:30am for Friday. Panic mode - did I forget to put this on my calender?! Ack!

9:08am - Call back pediatrician's office to reschedule for 2:10pm

Fast forward to today.

Mother-in-law comes early to watch Tristan, while Scott and I go to my postpartum check-up. We bring baby girl to show her off to the office staff, who demanded that I bring her after she was born. My doctor was running behind, so we didn't get home until 11:00am.

11:00am to 12:00pm - get Tristan fed, keep baby girl calm, dress up the kiddos in their Christmas outfits, get them in the car and go to Kiddie Kandids for their 12:30 appointment. Mother-in-law comes with to help with kid control.

12:30 - 1:40pm - Tristan, a very uncooperative, unsmiling child. Melayna, unhappy, hungry, and tired baby. Frustration, bribes, and a few, somewhat smiles later and we are done. Near the end of going through pictures and picking out our package, I realized what time it was. Scott stays behind to wait for photos to be printed. Kate (Mother-in-law) and I go home. I drop her and Tristan off (she puts him down for a much needed nap), and I take off for the pediatrician's office.

2:03pm - Arrive at pediatrician's. Melayna remains calm until having to be undressed. I calm her with a bottle. She weighs a whopping 12lbs 2oz (90th percentile)! Doctor says she looks healthy, tells me to "keep up the good work", and then the nurse comes in with a bunch of vaccinations. She screams until her whole face turns red. I calm her with the rest of her bottle and off we go.

Since today is opening day for Twilight, there is no way I was going to try any showing past the 2:00pm showing. Shucks, I was really looking forward to it, too. I'm currently reading the third book in the four book installment. It is an easy read, but very entertaining.

Well, it was a rather busy day today, but the pictures turned out nice. Not the best, but given the mood Tristan and Melayna were in, they actually turned out decent. So, here are a bunch of shots

1 comments:

Anonymous November 22, 2008 at 9:56 AM  

Such gorgeous pics!!

...I just wanted to invite you over to my blog for a huge Black Friday Bash!! I`ll be doing free giveaways every hour on the hour and a grand prize drawing at 6pm. Head over today to "grab a ticket" to be entered and check out the sweet prize list!!Hope to see you there!! ...and tell all your friends!!

Laurie
Kandy Kisses boutique
http://kandykissesboutique.typepad.com/

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP