Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday Funnies

One thing you get used to becoming a parent is the amount of gross and disgusting things you can tolerate. Boogies, poopy diapers, and a child's constant curiosity can make most people gag and cringe. But as a parent, you sort of become immune to it.

Earlier this week, Scott had a very bad day of stomach sickness. I knew what would follow. Me and the children, sick to our stomachs, puking and fevers, doctor's visits for the kiddos, or at least I was sure of it. I felt sick the following day, but nothing serious. Tristan, perfectly fine. Melayna, on the other hand, was fussy and irritable. She felt warm and clammy. She perspired a lot, too. So, before we decided to take her in to the doctor's I checked her temperature. Now, call me old fashion, but I don't trust those ear thermometers, the fever strips, or under the arm. The best method of taking a baby's temperature is through the rear end. I've had friends look at me funny for doing it that way, but I want to be sure I'm getting an accurate reading.

So, I'm on the floor, checking her temperature, when all of a sudden she just farts and sprays me with poop. It was all over, even on my face. All I could really be thankful for...my mouth wasn't open at the time. Scott was there to witness this horrific act. A brief pause was followed by our laughter. As disgusting as it was, I found it quite hilarious.


Now, did you think I learned my lesson? Oh, no. She wasn't running a temperature then, but a few hours later, I thought I'd check her since she was still warm and clammy. Let's just say, I got pooped on twice in one day.


Well, if that doesn't make you smile (or laugh), this might. This isn't to take a stab at bloggers, because I'd be taking a stab at myself. I found this website, www.despair.com, with all sorts of demotivational posters, despair-wear, and DIY posters. You should also view their videos, I found them pretty entertaining. Anyway, I saw this poster and laughed at it. I have to say that for some this is so true (maybe even for me - my audience is quite small).

0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP