Thursday, November 27, 2008

My first layout!

So, I've done some scrapbooking before - it is still a work in progress (very slow progress). However, I've come across bloggers who do digital scrapbooking. This piqued my interest and I thought I'd take a stab at it. There are so many resources on the web that it was quite overwhelming.

First off, I'd like to give credit where credit is due:

Pixel Fairy Princess (see link under Blogroll in the sidebar) was one of my first encounters with digital scrapbooking in it. The author of this blog is a professional photographer (she takes the most amazing shots) and a digital scrapbooker as well.

A Work in Progress - This is where I found a ton of layouts, links to kits (tons of freebies which is great for someone just starting out & testing the waters), and tools and tips. She collaborates with a few other digital scrapbook bloggers out there. A few of my favorites: Kimmy's Keepsakes and Sweet Blossom Designs.

I used the elements and papers from the following kits (click on the kit name for a direct link to creator's blog):

I use Paint Shop Pro (most folks use Photoshop). I'm still getting used to the software, so adding in all this scrapbook stuff kind of made things a bit more challenging. I found an awesome tutorial on how to blend your picture in with the background at Kimmy's Keepsakes (click here to view tutorial). With this new trick up my sleeve, I based my layout on this technique. I went with some pictures of Tristan I took when he was three and a half months old. I went nuts with the camera that day! Who could resist those big brown eyes and adorable chubby cheeks?

Alright enough rambling, here is my layout (click on it for a much bigger view):

2 comments:

Sharon November 28, 2008 at 4:24 AM  

I love your first LO!!!!

Vicki November 30, 2008 at 6:38 AM  

Wow, that is just beautiful! You really did a great job! It's hard to believe this is your very first digi LO - you really have a talent for it! Thank you so much for sharing it with me xxx

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP