Monday, November 24, 2008

Muffin Tin Monday - Foods Your Kids are Thankful For

This week's theme for Muffin Tin Monday is "Foods your Kids are Thankful For" (or favorites). Visit Her Cup Overfloweth (in the blogroll tab on sidebar) for more details and other interesting Muffin Tin creations.

Since Tristan doesn't understand the concept of being thankful I picked out the foods that I know are his some of his favorites.(he does say "thank you", "please", "excuse me" and "your welcome" - but I'm not sure if he understands the meaning behind these gestures). This was slightly difficult, because Tristan actually loves all sorts of foods. He is just picky about what foods he eats at any given moment. There are some constants though.


Top row (L to R): Peanut butter and jelly sandwich (only a half sandwich), Swiss cake roll, clementines and raspberries
Bottom row (L to R): Applesauce, spaghetti and meatballs, mozzarella cheese

Peanut butter and jelly - at least twice a day, Tristan will ask for a "sam-watch" (his weird pronunciation of sandwich). He just loves good, old PB&J
Swiss cake roll - Tristan has a sweet tooth and I have a hard time not giving in. He loves cake. So, I had these on hand to include with his muffin tin.
Clementines and raspberries - Tristan is a fruit nut, too, which I am very thankful for. Besides these two, strawberries, oranges, peaches, pears, pineapples are his other favorites.
Applesauce - I asked Tristan for his input and this one surprised me. He likes applesauce, but not as much as some other foods. However, I couldn't object - he wanted it.
Spaghetti and meatballs - I cheated here using Chef Boyardee, but Tristan is a sucker for those messy noodles and yummy meatballs
Mozzarella cheese - it isn't his most favorite cheese, he prefers medium cheddar. Sadly, we are out of that. So, I settled for another variety that he enjoys. Give the boy cheese and he is not only happy, but coming back for seconds....and thirds....and fourths...

There you have it! Foods that Tristan is thankful for.

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP