Thursday, October 23, 2008

Yay! A banner!

So, I haven't posted in a few days because I've been working on my banner. I've been almost obsessing over it. I got new "Photoshop"-like software that I had to learn how to use. I've never used Photoshop, nor any other program like it. The closest I've come to using photo-editing software (besides Paint) is Microsoft Publisher. However, Publisher has nothing compared to these programs.

Anyway, I've been spending what time I have to myself (and while feeding the baby), learning about this program. Layers, Vectors, and all sorts of tools. At first, it was difficult to figure out what everything did, how to manipulate different layers, and get everything the way I wanted it to be. Once I got the hang of things, it was smooth sailing (except for when my pc locked and I had to restart the whole thing).

Well, now that I have a banner that goes with my new title, I can now go back to blogging. :P
Not like much has been going on. Melayna takes up most of my time with feeding. Tristan is being a pain in the butt - his behavior has gotten much, much worse (Terrible two's anyone?). Tomorrow is clean up and catch up day for me and Scott. He's got Friday's and Saturday's off, but this Saturday he's going to be at a friends house most of the day. So, tomorrow - no games, no WoW (that's World of Warcraft for you non-gamers), no goofing off (except with Tristan), and so on. Just clean-up, laundry, organizing, and sorting what we don't need. Maybe we'll break out the rug cleaner. As much as it is drag to have to clean, I'm looking forward to it. I feel like I'm living in a pig pen (just kidding - it isn't that bad in here - just disorganized and in need of some tidying).

Well, I hope you like my banner. I put lots and lots of work into it. Least to say, I'm very proud of my work. My friend, who is my website expert (she rocks at HTML) helped me with figuring out the photo editing program and making the site look a bit more organized (my new banner messed things up a bit). So, Dani, thanks a bunch! I couldn't have done this without you! She keeps joking with me that I should start my own craft store. Apparently she thinks I have talent with making cards and other little crafty goods. I just always had fun with it. It may be an idea to ponder. In the meantime, I'll just keep having fun with whatever I do. :)

1 comments:

Football and Fried Rice October 23, 2008 at 11:14 PM  

It is gorgeous :) You have been hard at work!

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP