Thursday, October 16, 2008

Title change...

Okay, so I change my blog title once again. Sorry for the confusion, but it is hard to find a good title and stick with it. Anyway, let me explain my title...

Part one: Butterfly Kisses. Have you ever heard the song before? It is by Bob Carlisle. I put it on my player in the sidebar if you'd like to listen to it. It is a sweet song about a daddy and how lucky he is to have his little girl. The song captures the essence of having a daughter and how absolutely wonderful it is. While my daughter has been around for only two weeks (I can't believe it), she has been absolutely amazing. I can only imagine the joy she will continue to bring us and the day she gives us our "butterfly kisses". (I have the lyrics typed out below, in case you were interested). By the way, I cry when I listen to the song, so if you cry easily - you have been forewarned. It mostly makes me think of me and my dad, and how lucky I am to have him. I hope that this little girl and her daddy have the same love for each other as she grows up.

Part two: Elephant Parades. Now that I have something to describe our daughter in the title, I needed something perfect for Tristan. When I think of Tristan and what he loves, the first thought that comes to mind is elephants. My boy has an obsession over these pachyderms. He has a bunch of elephant figurines and stuffed animals. His favorite shows/movies: Dumbo, Jungle Book (favorite part is the marching elephants), Mama Mirabelle's Home Movies (Mama Mirabelle just happens to be an elephant). Whenever we play with Play-Doh or draw on his Magnadoodle, he always asks us to make him an elephant. And recently, he's been able to recreate elephants in both mediums. But why "Elephant Parades"? Tristan will take out his animals, including his elephants, and line them up along the floor like a train or parade. He always leads the "parade" with his elephants. I know it sounds funny, but I think it captures him well. I know that someday he'll move on to something new, but we'll always remember his obsession over these animals.

So there you have it! Now I am working on a new picture for my title bar. I'm getting used to a new photo editing program, so I'm not sure when I'll be finished with it. I may require assistance from my friend who knows this program much better than I do.

As mentioned earlier, here are the lyrics to Butterfly Kisses, Bob Carlisle:

There's two things I know for sure
She was sent here from heaven and she's Daddy's little girl
As I drop to my knees by her bed at night
She talks to Jesus and I close my eyes
And I thank God for all of the joy in my life
Oh, but most of all for..

Butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer
Stickin' little white flowers all up in her hair
"Walk beside the pony Daddy, it's my first ride
I know the cake looks funny Daddy but I sure tried"
Oh, with all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right
To deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night

Sweet sixteen today
And she's lookin' like her mamma a little more every day
One part woman, the other part girl
To perfume and make-up, from ribbons and curls
Trying her wings out in a great big world
But I remember...

Butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer
Stickin' little white flowers all up in her hair
You know how much I love you Daddy
But if you don't mind I'm only gonna kiss you on the cheek this time
Oh, with all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right
To deserve her love every morning and butterfly kisses at night

Oh the precious times
Oh, like the wind the years go by
Precious butterfly
Spread your wings and fly

She'll change her name today
and she'll make a promise and I'll give her away
Standing in the bride room just staring at her
She asked me what I'm thinking and I said "I'm not sure,
I just feel like I'm losing my baby girl"
And she leaned over...and gave me...

Butterfly kisses with her mamma there
Stickin' little white flowers all up in her hair
"Walk me down the aisle Daddy, it's just about time
Does my wedding gown look pretty Daddy? Daddy don't cry"
Oh, with all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right
To deserve her love every morning and butterfly kisses

I couldn't ask God for more
Man, this is what love is
I know I've gotta let her go, but I'll always remember
Every hug in the morning and butterfly kisses at night

3 comments:

Football and Fried Rice October 16, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

i think it is PERFECT!!!!

Paula October 16, 2008 at 11:11 PM  

Yes, thats the perfect name for your blog. I love the combination of the two names, one for your daughter and one for your son. Our Bella is only 1 month old, so you and I are in the same boat.

andreawilliams October 23, 2008 at 8:10 AM  

I love the name name of the blog. Its perfect! How is the baby? How are you ??

About This Blog

My name is Mary and I'm a working mom with two beautiful children. I've worked for over seven years at a credit union, currently as an administrative assistant. Last fall, I went back to school and started on a Bachelors in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Elementary Education.

My hobbies, when I have time, include photography, sewing, photo processing, digital scrapbook, online gaming, reading, role playing games like DnD, and board games. But what I really love doing is just being a mom to my two children, Tristan and Melayna.

Tristan, whois four, is an awesome big brother and such an intelligent little boy. He loves Transformers, animals, Dr. Seuss books, and eating.

Melayna, who is one and a half, has definitely taught her momma patience. Unlike her easy going brother, she is curious and persistent. And if something stands in her way, she will definitely let you know her displeasure. Regardless, she is a sweetheart and daddy's little girl.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP